Call Back Request
Share This Product
Stamixco Mixing Nozzles
- Better Melt Flow! More Cash Flow
- Up to 40% reduced colour additives costs
- Cheaper than possible new screw design
- Fast Payback
The Smartflow Mixing Nozzle – Better Melt Flow! More Cash Flow
We are living in a world of consumption. On a daily basis, Product Specialists and Injection Moulders must deal with many different tools, formulations, colours additives and masterbatches.
Production rate, yield and high quality are Keys for Success.
The StaMixCo SMN Injection Moulding Mixing Nozzle contains eight (8) very efficient static mixing elements that homogenize the polymer melt during injection.
This homogenization is achieved by the continuous division of the molten polymer and its recombination when processed through the geometric structure of the mixing bars.
The SMN mixing elements are extremely resistant due to their monolithic cast construction where the mixing bars are joined to each other and to the external ring wall via a single molten metal pour.
They are made of heat treated high strength 17-4 PH stainless steel and are virtually indestructible.
Pressure drop through the static mixing elements is low.
Reduction of colour concentrate additives of as much as 30% can be achieved with comparable part colour density
The optimum polymer melt quality for injection moulding is reached when at each location inside the polymer melt volume, a uniform distribution of colorant, additives and melt temperature exists. Using the StaMixCo SMN mixing elements, 80% of mixing (CoV = 0.2) is reached after eight elements and 97% (CoV = 0.03) after 16 elements
- Reduced spots, streaks and clouds of colour
- Reduced colorant usage (up to 40% less) with comparable part colour density
- Narrower part tolerance
- Reduced reject rates
- Less part distortion
- Less part weight variation
- Improved part quality when using regrind material and increased use of regrind.
- Shorter cycle times
- Improved surface and mechanical properties
- Blended thermal degradation products (i.e., PET)
- Improved melt flow, uniform filling of multi-cavity moulds
- Expanded operating range of older machines