Why Choose a Herzog® Shut-Off Nozzle ?
Within the injection moulding industry today, it has become gradually more important that only components of the highest quality can ensure a reliable process. The continual advancement of material properties such as; developments in flame retardants and weight saving agents are placing ever increasing demands on mechanical components.
You need to know you can count on a trustworthy partner to help your process run smoothly.
What are the Herzog® advantages?
- Over 40 years experience designing and manufacturing customer specific solutions
- Consistently the brand which OEMs and processors choose for reliability, quality and performance
- The largest range of powered / controllable and spring operated shut-off nozzles for all injection molding applications
- The only company which focuses solely on shut-off nozzle development
- Shut-off nozzle solutions for special processes such as melt pre-compression, gas injection, physical foaming, liquid silicone rubber, etc.
- Focus on close customer proximity with subsidiary sales & service centers in Switzerland, in the USA and in China as well as representation in over 20 countries worldwide
- Nozzle design, engineering and manufacture as our focus
- Product development and design to meet current demand profiles
- Construction and material selection designed for optimum processing parameters
- Short reaction times (delivery from stock in most cases)
- Servicing / cleaning service available
Reasons for Using a Shut-Off Nozzle
- Dosing with retracted injection units
- High-speed unit, very short cycle times, mould/nozzle heat exchange
- Multi-component injection
- Vertical injection process
- Mould decompression with suck back - Air pocket prevention
- Special applications (GIT, MuCell and others) Filter, thermal conduction and mixer applications
Industries / Applications
- Packaging industry
- Automobile industry
- Medical technology
- Electrical engineering Engineering plastics
- Sports equipment, outdoor
- Material saving by eliminating drooling, stringing, leakage
- Reduction in waste
- Reduction in cycle times
- Process, environmental and safety aspects
- Preventing breakdowns in hot-runner applications while using filters
- Homogenisation improvement with back pressure and mixers