Call Back Request
Share This Product
Smartflow Mould Temperature Regulator
- Critical Zone Mould Temperature
- Control Window: 27° to 49°C
- Accuracy: ±1°F Full Scale
- Better accuracy than dial thermometer
The Smartflow Mould Temperature Regulator effectively controls mould cooling water temperature between 80°F and 120°F (27°C and 49°C) to maintain a steady mould temperature.
Mould Temp. Regulator-MTR 1/4inch Inlet – 1/2inch Outlet – NPT ONLY
Installed to control water flow exiting an injection mould, the Mould Temperature Regulator quietly recovers waste heat from the resin shot without the need for electrical power.
The Smartflow Mould Temperature Regulator effectively controls mould cooling water temperature between 80°F and 120°F (27° and 49°C) to maintain a steady mould temperature. Installed to control water flow exiting an injection mould, the Mould Temperature Regulator quietly recovers waste heat from the resin shot, working without electricity to reduce shop floor clutter, and cut production costs. In many cases, it is a simple, inexpensive substitute for a conventional electric mould heater.
Cooling water temperature always corresponds to higher mould (steel) temperatures (for example: 120°F water temperature may result in 180°F mould temperature).
Turbulent Flow, Supply Cooling Water Pressure & Temperature
Traditionally, high turbulent flow rates are used in cooling water loops to achieve acceptable heat transfer rates from the mould. High turbulent flow rates are irrelevant when using the Smartflow Mould Temperature Regulator. It regulates cooling water flow leaving the mould to achieve Set Point temperature. The unit is also unaffected by supply cooling water pressure and temperature. For example, it automatically compensates for temperature changes of cooling tower water between night and day.
Features and Benefits
- Multiple zone control – using several regulators or an optional inlet manifold facilitates effective zone control
- Unaffected by pressure changes – the Mould Temperature Regulator uses the thermal expansion principle for operation
- Handles tower water temperature changes – modulates flow to control cooling water temperature
- In-Line mounting – installs easily without additional hardware
- Cost of ownership – typically 1/6 the cost of a conventional electric mould heater
- Maintenance free – few internal parts for trouble-free operation
- Energy saving – it uses no electricity, conserving precious energy costs
- Small size – cleans up shop floor clutter: no hoses or power cords to trip over
- Integral dial thermometer – verifies Set Point temperature
- Optional inlet manifold – provides temperature control for multiple zones with one regulator